Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hope Cove

via
Back in the spring of 2009, while I was spending time in England, Martin and I went for a Sunday drive. We ended up in a little village on the southwest coast of Devon, Hope Cove. 


That little village, where the sky seemed the bluest, is what inspired my new spring line. 


This Dresden Plate quilt was made out of the small prints from Hope Cove.


While I was at Hope Cove, I kept thinking about how people use the ocean for work. Fishing boats lined the beach, in for a meal or the end of a shift.


The more I learn about antique toile, the more I realize that it is about the workings of the people--fishing, hunting, music. 


This piece, which I think is the main fabric of the line, glorifies the work of fishermen. I hope that you love it as much as I do. And don't forget to stop by and see all of the fabrics HERE. Oh, you can also see a cute little quilt my daughter made out of this line here

2 comments:

  1. OMG I could wake up to the view every day of my life.
    I love your fabric too !
    I haven't decided what to make with it yet, but I'm sure something will take my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place and great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete